Caravan & Camping
Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully.
When a holiday booking is confirmed with us, a contract is made between the person signing the booking form and the owners of Sands Caravan and Camping. The acceptance of a booking creates a contract between the guest and owner of the Campsite subject to the below terms and conditions. Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in the termination of your stay, with no refund given.
Once a booking form and deposit have been received, the booking is made secure. Without being in receipt of a deposit, your booking can only be treated as a ‘provisional booking’ and is not secured. Should the guest wish to shorten or modify a booking after this they may be liable to pay the full cost of the holiday. ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
1. Caravan holiday homes A deposit of £100.00 is payable on booking, the remainder to be received by us no later than 4 weeks before arrival.
2. Camping pods and touring pitches The deposit of the first night stay is payable on booking, the remainder to be paid 4 weeks before arrival.
Any bookings made less than 4 weeks before the arrival date requested, the total amount of the booking fee is payable, including the deposit.
1. Caravan holiday homes If your plans change and you request to come on a different date then we will always try to accommodate your change, but we cannot guarantee that your request can be met. In the event of cancellation the deposit is non-refundable and the following scale of charges will apply:- 6-4 weeks – 50% of total holiday cost 4-0 weeks – 100% of total holiday cost. We recommend that you take out holiday insurance that includes cancellation expenses.
2. Camping pods and touring pitches If your plans change and you request to come on a different date then we will always try to accommodate your change, but we cannot guarantee that your request can be met. In the event of a cancellation the one-night deposit is non-refundable. Refunds of payments, minus the amount of your deposit, can be made up to 14 days before your date of arrival. Should part of the booking be cancelled on arrival or throughout the duration of the stay, for any reason that is out with our control including illness, weather conditions, failure of equipment, etc. the guest will be charged the full amount of the booking. We recommend that you take out holiday insurance that includes cancellation expenses.
1. Caravan holiday homes On the day of arrival occupation can be expected by 3pm but not guaranteed. On the day of departure accommodation must be vacated by 10am unless pre-arranged with management for which there will be a charge per caravan.
2. Camping pods On the day of arrival occupation can be expected by 3pm but not guaranteed. On the day of departure the camping pod must be vacated by 10.30am unless pre-arranged with management for which there may be a charge.
3. Touring pitches On the day of arrival you can get on site from 12.30pm. You must be off site by 12pm on your day of departure. Any additional nights must be paid for by 12pm and before leaving the site for the day.
Please notify reception if you intend to arrive after 6pm.
CARAVAN HOLIDAY HOMES AND CAMPING POD BOOKINGS
1. Availability The booking is made on the understanding that we will make the accommodation and amenities available to you on the dates stated. Should this not be possible due to events beyond our reasonable control we will endeavour to provide you with alternative accommodation. Should no other accommodation be available at the time we will offer you alternative dates or refund of your accommodation rental, but you will have no other claim or remedy against us.
2. Responsibility The signatory to the booking form accepts full liability for the behaviour of all party members and for ensuring that conditions of hire are adhered to, for loss or damage to the accommodation and the contents.
3. Accommodation If for any reason the accommodation is unsatisfactory please notify us immediately so that appropriate action can be taken. We cannot accept subsequent claims for shortcomings not so notified.
4. Care Guests are asked to leave the accommodation clean and tidy when vacating. All damages or breakages must be reported to reception and paid for. All accommodation is strictly no smoking.
CARAVAN HOLIDAY HOMES
1. Security Deposit The proprietors reserve the right to require the payment of a £100 ‘GOOD HOUSEKEEPING DEPOSIT’ on the day of arrival before entry to accommodation. All monies so paid will be refunded in full provided the accommodation is left as found. Any damage to accommodation, equipment, environment or any excess cleaning will be charged against the total retainer which may be applied to any of the units occupied.
2. Occupancy Only those persons listed on the booking form may occupy the accommodation. If this condition is breached we have the right to terminate the contract immediately, without refund. We reserve the right to terminate, vary or re-allocate the accommodation where all material facts are not disclosed. If the customer alters the confirmed arrangements an amendment fee may be charged. Any unauthorised extension of stay will be charged at the full daily rate. Units may not be sub-let.
3. Linen Duvet covers, pillow cases, fitted sheets and towels are supplied free of charge.
4. Care Guests are asked to leave their accommodation and its contents clean, tidy and as found when vacating. If excessive cleaning is required a ‘Double Cleaning Charge’ will be levied, normally £50. Report any damages or breakages immediately. All damages or breakages of the fittings, utensils, crockery, cutlery and linen must be reported to reception and will be charged for.
5. Pets are not permitted in our Caravan Holiday Homes.
1. All visitors to Sands Caravan and Camping should conduct themselves in an orderly and courteous manner. The management at Sands Caravan and Camping reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to remove any person(s) or group acting in a manner likely to be detrimental to the enjoyment of any other person(s) or to the upkeep of the Campsite. In such circumstances no refund will be given.
2. Group bookings All groups, including customers booking individually as part of a group, must contact the campsite for written permission before making a booking. We reserve the right to cancel any bookings where permission has not been given.
3. In the event that an issue or complaint arises whilst you are on holiday, please contact us first to allow as an opportunity to rectify the matter at the time.
4. All persons and animals must be quiet between 10.30pm and 8am, no late night or early morning disturbances will be tolerated. When using stereo equipment or similar appliances, please consider others.
5. We will not be responsible for the loss or damage to personal property of guests. Vehicles, accommodation, their accessories and contents are left at your own risk. Postage and packaging will be charged for return of belongings left behind at Sands Caravan and Camping. Any lost property not claimed for within one month will be disposed of.
6. We will not be held responsible for any injury or death, save insofar as it results from the proven negligence of one of our staff. All our guests are encouraged to ensure that they have adequate property and personal insurance for their holiday.
7. Occasionally circumstances arise over which we have no control making it necessary to alter, remove or delete facilities or amenities without prior notice.
8. The speed limit on site is 10mph.
9. Sands Caravan and Camping and/or its facilities are available for your use and enjoyment at your own risk.